Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

55 Ford 850 repairs

Pete B. ยท 2012-12-05 22:02

I have a 1955 Ford 850 tractor with a 19-97 Dearborn loader and a Pippin 116 backhoe. I got this back in 2010 to make my back yard a little bigger and to grade the back yard away from the house so I would stop getting water in my cellar. Little by little I'm getting there. Worked great as a plow last winter once I got the 6 volt battery to start her up. It came with 2 buckets for the loader. The one on it was the width of the frame. The other one looked like it was custom made & was a little wider than the tire treads but it was missing brackets and was not drilled for the loader. The BH control levers seep a bit and I hope to repair them this spring but they are doing fine as is for now. I finally finished welding up and replaceing the front bucket. Had to do a lot of fabricating but it was worth it. Now after I drop the dirt, I can back scape with the bucket down and fill in / cover my tire tracks. Used to leave ruts with the stock bucket and had to rake it by hand to clean it up. I replaced the seat with one from a speed boat that swivles and adjusts back & forth. My old butt did not like the steel seat, especially in the winter. I did some fish plating to the lower part of my Pippin BH and welded & drilled some 1/4" thick angle brackets and drilled the stops and dropped in some 11/16 steel pins I made from a broken breaker bar to keep the BH from sagging. The welds aren't the smoothest but they'll hold. I used to have 2 chains and 2 chain binders holding it up but that was a P.I.T.A. everytime I had to secure it. Now all I have to do is get off the tractor, pull the lever till the BH hits the stops and drop in the pins. Here are some pics to give you an idea of what she looks like. As soon as I can, I'll get some of the new bucket attached. View attachment 97405 , View attachment 97406 , View attachment 97407 , View attachment 97409 ,

Replies0

No replies yet.