Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

555 ford wiring diagram

crookedarrow · 2012-12-24 10:43

I am replacing an ignition switch on my "82" 555 ford backhoe and new switch is different and am having trouble figgering out what wires go where? This has a pre heat, is ther a wire that goes to alternator also? thanks in advance for any and all help, Merry Christmas

Replies50
  1. #1jimg9842012-12-24 13:48

    yes, should have two red wires connected to termiral #1 i have wiring diagram for that 555

  2. #2crookedarrow2012-12-24 14:44

    jimg984 I would really appreciate the wiring diagram if you could email it to me at [email protected]

  3. #3jimg9842012-12-24 15:07

    sent

  4. #4seedubcity2014-01-11 13:57

    wiring diagram for a Ford 555d can u please send me a copy of the wiring diagram for a Ford 555d? my email is [email protected]

  5. #5jimg9842014-01-11 14:20

    don't have wiring diagram for a 555d sry

  6. #6HeavyLifter2014-01-11 17:06

    jimg984 I would really appreciate it also sir if you could email me that wiring diagram at [email protected]

  7. #7ah64dive2016-02-23 08:46

    Jim, I know this is an old thread, but if you are still checking in on it I would appreciate the 555 wiring diagram also. My email is [email protected] . Thanks!

  8. #8jimg9842016-02-23 14:19

    glad you got it OK

  9. #9Fitzy822016-02-28 19:54

    To jmg984 I have a ford 555 and I was wondering could u send me a copy of the wiring diagram my email is [email protected]

  10. #10jimg9842016-02-29 00:14

    sent 5 pages GL

  11. #11Fitzy822016-02-29 03:33

    Thanks s million for the wiring diagram

  12. #12DeRosaCompanies2016-03-01 18:44

    i would also like a wiring diagram for the machine, sincerely appreciated... [email protected]

  13. #13jimg9842016-03-02 20:29

    hope you wiring diagrams OK most write back if gotten and say thank you

  14. #14Fitzy822016-03-03 19:54

    To jimg984 I did get them and I posted thanks a million for them can I ask y the wiring diagram for the ford 555 is so hard to get

  15. #15Fitzy822016-03-04 15:07

    To jimg984 can u help me as the tyres on my 555 are soft and I don't know what pressure they should be and how do you move the back actor as it can move side to side thanks for the help

  16. #16Fitzy822016-03-04 15:15

    The tyres on the front are 10.00-16 and the rear is 16.9-28

  17. #17onebadsob32016-04-04 11:49

    Could you please send me the writing diagram also. I have a 83 ford 555 that is not charging and need help with it. My email is [email protected] thank you

  18. #18VR4Mike2016-04-15 13:03

    Howdy jimg984, I sure could use a copy of that wiring diagram too. I gotta 3" thick binder full of manuals for my 555A (1985) and I can't seem to find it in there or any kind of electrical schematic. The backhoe ran great until this last winter then produced the "preverbal" dead battery clicking; only it still clicks after a good charge. Then, while checking for bad connections and testing the starter directly (which works fine), my ignition system died! At least the dash lights are all dead. I lifted the dash and some wire connectors are pulled from the ignition switch! (I'm baffled how that happened mysteriously! I know what you're thinking, I must have mistakenly pulled on them somehow) (I didn't! really! OK anything's possible right?) LOL! So your diagram would be really appreciated. I have snow out there now but will be tackling it as soon as my fingers don't get too numb.  Thanks so much! [email protected]

  19. #19VR4Mike2016-04-15 18:23

    I got them. You're a real nice guy Jim to help me and all the rest; even my wife! (She won't have to hear nearly as many cuss words now) We both thank you! And I'll put them to good use.

  20. #20jimg9842016-04-15 18:26

    you are welcome, glad to help

  21. #21Tim Cooper2016-05-14 10:17

    To Jimg984. Would it be possible to get a copy of your wiring diagram? I have a 555B that I'm having some electrical issues with. [email protected]

  22. #22Tim Cooper2016-05-14 12:42

    To jimg984. Thanks so much for the diagram. It will make this job a lot easier. God Bless. TC, [email protected]

  23. #23chris_james2016-05-23 15:01

    This is an old post but im in need of a wiring diagram as well for 555D.

  24. #24jimg9842016-05-23 16:05

    I will share need information email to this site and they will forward jimg984

  25. #25chris_james2016-05-23 17:12

    E-MAIL. [email protected]

  26. #26El Hombre2016-05-23 19:49

    If you buy the Ford manual, wiring diagram is in that. Those are for sale on Ebay for not much money. Genuine Ford is around $300 or so. Not a photo copied one, the OEM one.

  27. #27chris_james2016-05-23 19:52

    Yeah my boss isn't going to buy one. And it ain't my equipment so im not going to shell out 300 for one

  28. #28jimg9842016-05-24 18:17

    guess you didn't receive the wiring becuase there is no replay or THANK YOU

  29. #29chris_james2016-05-24 18:39

    Sorry about that I opened it up late last night before bed. Honestly then forgot about didn't mean to be rude . It's much appreciated

  30. #30Dave Stadler2018-12-20 16:18

    If you could help it would be greatly appreciated. I need a wiring diagram for a Ford 555B and I found this thread and hope you can help. Thanks for your time. Dave Stadler email: [email protected]

  31. #31jimg9842018-12-20 17:17

    on your computer now 5 diff pages

  32. #32Dave Stadler2018-12-20 18:04

    Thank you for the help and fast response!

  33. #33cihjdman2020-06-09 14:49

    If you’re still checking this I’d appreciate the diagram also. [email protected]

  34. #34jimg9842020-06-09 16:21

    GOOD LUCK I SENT 5 PAGES OF WIRING,, LET ME KNOW IF GOT THEM

  35. #35cihjdman2020-06-09 23:15

    I got them. Thank you very much!

  36. #36Dieselfixer2022-01-08 11:46

    Found this thread while looking for a wiring diagram for a 555B. If you see this a copy of the diagram wold be appreciated. My e mail is [email protected] Thanks!

  37. #37Mark Crowley2022-06-21 20:45

    I have a 555 ford backhoe. The ignition is acting up. I need to make sure the wires go in the right place. Does anyone have a diagram or list where the wires go? Thank you Mark Crowley [email protected]

  38. #38Tinkerer2022-06-22 17:27

    Welcome to HEF, Mark ! If you are able to get those schematics let us know.

  39. #39RockinDoubleF2023-09-14 14:46

    Hello Sir, I have an 82 555 as well my email is [email protected] . I would be ever so grateful for the help. Thanks!

  40. #40RockinDoubleF2023-09-14 14:49

    Howdy Jim, after hours of searching found this thread which if you could send me a copy of the wiring schematic , sure would help me out. I just got an 82 555, that was started with a screwdriver. [email protected] . Thanking you in advance!

  41. #41bikernut2023-10-07 06:05

    any one have a wiring diagram for a 1997 Ford/NH 555E, I need one. thanks

  42. #42Swetz2023-10-07 08:35

    There are tons of wiring diagrams...What circuit are you looking at?

  43. #43bikernut2023-10-07 11:09

    well just about them all as some one has done so rewiring and I want to put everything back to where it belongs

  44. #44steve3342023-11-27 16:48

    looking for a wiaring diagram for the alternator wiring on a 1985 555 ford 3 cyl i have 4 smaller guage wires that are not connected to alternator i would like to make it charge it currently wont i need to know where to hook the wires too i do have b+ at the bigger guage but thats it

  45. #45KFD2024-02-16 18:59

    Hello. I too am in the same predicament with my Ford 555. Old starter switch was a 9 pin. Could you please send me a copy of the 555 ignition wiring diagram? Thank you for your time and help. Email: [email protected] -Kurt

  46. #46ghulamkhan2024-10-22 12:23

    hi, I really need the wiring diagram for ford 555b ignition switch. took off the old one without marking wires. help needed pls!

  47. #47ghulamkhan2024-10-22 12:23

    [email protected]

  48. #48word_up232026-03-27 07:43

    It looks like im waking up a dinosaur om here and at the house, im curious if anyone out there has a wiring schematic for a Ford 555A, currently im dealing with a big rat infestation and over a period of time the owner added gauges and extra wire probably due to the rat issues. I would like ot try and wire it back as close to original as possible. [email protected]

  49. #49Tinkerer2026-03-27 09:04

    A new or used replacement harness would be the first thing I would recommend.

  50. #50word_up232026-03-27 16:33

    I havnt had much luck on finding on new harnesses. I've learned how to use the parts manual a little bit but the ones ive found haven't been avaliable to purchase. I havnt had a chance to search ebay too much just yet for the used one neither