Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

555c glow plug

DustinFranks ยท 2019-04-04 10:32

I've just bought a 555C Backhoe. It runs good just older machine. My question is: Is there a glow plug? Guy I purchased from said just turn switch over for 30 seconds or so and crank it. There is no indicator that this is doing anything. As it got cooler I would do this and it would turn over but run battery down before it would crank. To me it seemed to not be warm as the initial turn over was strong enough that it should fire. I can jump it and after 5 or 6 trys she'll fire up. again to me it just seems its cold. Should there be a glow plug light? can something be added? Thanks for any help as you can tell by my question I'm new to the game and its just for use around my place....Thanks!

Replies1
  1. #1jimg9842019-04-04 11:08

    I have 555a which older than yours, it has a thermostart glow plug in the cast iron intake manifold,, the way works the return line from injector pump to fuel tank has tee in it, the is pointed down with line going to thermostart plug.. when the plug doesn't have power it will stay close, when turning key to left will power up and open lets fuel and glow create a flame into engine,, works good when all things are doing their job,,,, sound like you to get a new high cranking battery,,,,, should get a 4D about $200.00 If you gonna dance got to pay the fiddler lol hope this GL the thermostart is the back of manifold hard to find,,, has larger purple wire feeding power to it