Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

555E boom lock solenoid valve seals

TX SuperGimp ยท 2025-11-05 10:24

Does anyone happen to know where to source the 2 seals in the transport/ boom lock solenoid valve? I'm having a time finding anything.

Replies8
  1. #1nikthewho2025-11-06 00:30

    Who's the manufacturer?

  2. #2TX SuperGimp2025-11-06 08:11

    Ford/New Holland

  3. #3Vetech632025-11-06 08:20

    Its a u-cup design. A good hydraulic seal supplier should be able to get those

  4. #4TX SuperGimp2025-11-06 10:08

    I'm going by there tomorrow. Otherwise I'll have to buy the whole shebang, if I can even find that. Thanks.

  5. #5NH575E2025-11-06 14:09

    The parts breakdown I have doesn't list a seal repair kit for it. The cylinder number shows as 85812226. No place I looked had one in stock and prices ranged from $115 to $155. You might can call a dealer or Messicks and have them see if anyone has NOS on one. Another option is to look at orings and more or herculesus.com and try to match the seals by size.

  6. #6TX SuperGimp2025-11-06 14:21

    That's the same thing I found everywhere that listed it. Ou of stock I never thought about NOS though. Thanks for those sites as well. I'll checkt them out.

  7. #7HoeHoeHoe2025-11-06 16:08

    McMaster sells u cup seals, but I haven't seen that exact style. Worth a look by size.

  8. #8TX SuperGimp2025-11-06 16:10

    Thank ya sir! I completely forgot about McMaster. They had an obscure part I needed for a friend's mill back when too.