What is the best way to get the water out of the hydraulic system if I have found some in the tank when I drained it,,Thanks
Search the threads, that was covered extensively a month or so ago...
FordNew555E, As stinky64 said, you can find some good info in other threads if you search. But, I also want to caution you regarding a poor design of the tank on these machines. They decided to put a tool box into the top of the tank, and the floor of the tool box is the top of the tank. The cover is not sealed, so water gets in. Of course, over time, so does dirt. There are 4 holes drilled in the corners of the tool box to let the water out. The dirt clogs those holes and holds moisture, and then you get rust. The rust gets so bad that one of the members here has reported that his rusted clean through the top of the hydraulic tank, and is pushing oil out into the tool box. Well, if it is pushing oil out when it is running, it will be letting in water when it is not. The tank/tool box is somewhere around $3k. So, I am suggesting you check this out to see if you have rusted through and are letting water in. It would be good if it were no, however, if there is rust I would suggest you take care of it ASAP so it doesn't rust through the tank. I have attached some pics of the rust and how I fixed it...POR-15, then pickup truck paint-in bed liner.