Hi all, I've got a series 2 570 skip loader and recently the fuse for the ride control is failing. I have not really gotten in to looking around for the source of the problem yet and thought I would check with all of you first to see if there is a common failure I should look for? After replacing fuse it seems to work until you shut machine down and go to restart if switch is activated it will blow but if off and activated afterwards seems to be ok. Thank you in advance
Check the resistance of the solenoids. There are 2 of them in the ride control valve. You will probably find 1 of them high in resistance and pulling to many amps while the engine is cranking and the battery voltage is lower during cranking Resistance should be around 6-8 ohms.
Thank you Goose, can you tell me the location of the solenoids?
Checked ohms of selinoids disconnected one 3.1 ohm the other 4.3 should I check while cranking also
Checked while cranking 12 and 23 looks to me like you replace the pair?
Is there anything else worth checking before I order the solenoids?
Thank you Goose, replaced solenoid and now working great. Thank again, Don