Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

570B John Deere Rear Steering Positioning Sensor? Help!

chrismatin ยท 2014-12-25 22:35

Where do I find a rear steering positioning sensor for my 1993 570B Motor Grader? John Deere says they can no longer order or produced. This controls my rear steering gauge in the cab. Have looked online with no luck. Many Thanks

Replies7
  1. #1ANDREW C2014-12-26 15:00

    That is an obsolete part now. Original part number was AT170805. The supplier is Sensing & Control. Supplier part number is 727580-01. You could also try a wreckers. Good luck

  2. #2chrismatin2014-12-26 19:18

    Thanks. So Sensing & Control is in business or out of business now? How do I find a local wrecker around Austin/San Antonio Texas?

  3. #3chrismatin2014-12-27 22:26

    May have found this steering sensor on a German website/parts company. I'm trying now to navigate the German website to order.

  4. #4armadillo2020-08-12 19:14

    Any luck finding the sensor? Mine is having issues too...

  5. #5rsherril2020-08-13 23:25

    So why do you need the sensor? The A models did not have them. Just curious.

  6. #6rsherril2020-08-14 19:35

    I would like to follow up on this. I have been told "It's an obsolete machine" by dealership too. Not good advertising for Deere especially if you purchased the machine through their dealership like I did.. It's a nice feature, however not required to keep the machine working. I assume this sensor is resistance based? Is a similar version found on other Deere equipment?. Try the Green dealerships. (The bad sensors I've had were replaced with new ones marked "Made in Mexico" .) I had a saddle pin that wasn't retracting and the service manager told me I would need to replace the entire unit for around $600 plus labor. Parts guy sent me to a hydraulic shop where I fixed the problem for $10. A serious parts person should help you find a solution in house or otherwise.

  7. #7ovrszd2020-08-15 09:43

    My yellow dealership isn't anything to brag about. But my green dealership is awesome. Once they had an electrical end clip that the yellow dealership didn't have. The parts guy dug around in a trayed box of electrical ends until he found one that would work for me. Got no help from the yellow dealership. I buy everything I can from the green dealer, filters, oil, etc.