hi everyone I see in the future having to replace the seals for the swing cylinders mine I believe is a 99 from all the labels I’ve found serial number 031017 first 5 numbers so older style the kits that are supposed to work are 85802570 says for 555e are the cylinder all the same for 575e and 675e just debating whether to tackle this by pulling the rams out on the machine or removing the cylinders and taking into the hydraulic shop talked to a few different shops they said that can be done on the machine but if any score in the bore would cause the new seals to wear out faster don’t know if just sales talk seems to be a lot have been done on machine
I could not get the gland off of my 555e. I had to take it to a shop. $400 later and I had it back in a week.
Also read this forum and the one embedded in it. HeavyEquipmentForums
Yes think that’s one of the first problems I was going to try to move that first but judging by the other 4 the previous owner did he had to torch the hell out of them then the piston in the ram with the lock tight my hydraulic guy said they have 3 days turn around time and getting the right seal kit seems like another nightmare up here takes 3 weeks for parts to come in some are saying it’s a big job to take them out I only see 6 bolts and 6 hydraulic fittings also need to find the correct plugs to install in the lines supposed to be 6 different ones that could fit according to my farm supply guy
Here are the lines and fitting illustration and part numbers if it helps.
no need for plugs. buy plastic caps or use tape to cover the holes. i'm sure you can find these MUCH CHEAPER somewhere else, but this is all i use. https://www.amazon.com/Automotive-Cap-AutoLine-CARTOOL-Plastic/dp/B0D12BLJZZ/ref=sr_1_8?crid=3HTKKCBRHTGKH&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.8bGo9e-ZVWXR7cRKn7imvs2MZlPNZrOzOX1ZSc4eSA5pahiw_FQw1VUYM1hGzi_21Y8n_MJ2nZfCHdJszN3gtuwg4GnmKgoezq5D23LVWZNZ5MkXiL_WzCW5lrFssfZQoVbQ_gnM7im5TorvrZ20XZIhetgzyOYdwbu0J5ApliuKSLyrgKo7VY_bIk22bHViDZ8JEKa8S5UwhaWVf0rsnwA30bdCcxa2QE7CZquGElc.0PslJuqDw7HwPf0VUGwnsV8iTT2iTSrViSPHWiSAx_U&dib_tag=se&keywords=plastic+hydraulic+caps&qid=1724861435&sprefix=plastic+caps+hyd%2Caps%2C131&sr=8-8
Thanks 575e that will definitely help the farm supply guy said they were only in the 2-5 dollar range and would only need 4 so not really bad the hydraulic shop said in the 500-600 dollars range so pretty close to your cost cosmaar because of Canadian dollar
Badco, I dd mine on a 675E. Below is the thread with attached pdfs. Couple of bulletins, plus a nice step by step. HeavyEquipmentForums I would not remove the cylinder unless you have no other options! Just a note: I am usually more active on here, but I broke my hand. Not so easy to type!
Thanks Swetz yes I saved your pdfs for future reference you did a fantastic write up I’m going to try and move the glands first and take it from there just would hate to have the machine layed up for weeks waiting for parts
No excuse Swetz!!!! Your phone can text to type! Get with the technology!
What I did was order everything beforehand and then you won’t be waiting on nothing. When they come in, do it. The hydraulic shop I went to used the seals that I already bought for it. They warrantied the work as well.
What seal kit did you go with the kit I found for mine says about the 555e and the lb model but not mine 575e but think the size of cylinder the same what works best to remove the gland some I’ve seen use giant pipe wrench some a chain maybe mine will spin out really easy with all the hydraulic oil in there then be off to the races
You mean talk to text. I use that microphone on the keyboard often but I warn you to proof read what it types before sending.
Was this the result of lotion, a nudie magazine, and too much free time?
OH SHOOT. Yes that's what I meant..... maybe i should talk to text more often