Went to Lawrence Kansas to do a Tag team job with a AC 180 and a AC160.Just too much for one machine sooo..we will use two. Dang power lines didn't help much either.
This is for a sanitary sewer system of some sort.
The plan is to do the plumbing and backfill the hole so when the next crane comes out to finish setting the boxes and pipe it will not have to be so big. This is suppose to replace a present system and be double the capacity but in this business park a lot of the buildings are not in use,hope they know something I don't
Job well done Tiny.Dont get to see an open cut excavation on a lift station very often.The dirt looks pretty dry for the depth.Looks like they had some kind of causeway for the concrete trucks to pour the footing.That's neet stuff Tiny, thanks for sharing the pictures.
I bet it's nerve-wracking for the operators, making a tandem lift like that.
That's a pretty good size wet well. Nice pics Tiny thanks for posting and keep us updated.
Both operators said it was testing them.With the way the imbeds were installed the hook points were only 5 feet apart,so when one would boom down the box would twist and with that much weight the momentum built up quick and had the let it settle down some. AC 180 had the best guy on it in I know and the 160 skinner is no slouch.. Believe it or not , I have asked that question.Most of them have told me as long as its some one they trust they are fine with it and makes a tag rope pretty much useless. I like it because I have two overload warning systems. Cuz this time I was in the hole flagging this time. Pretty cool in that I only had to flag them the last 20 feet ,they would come off the ground and about 20 feet out I would start flagging. pretty much seamless movement over the footing. Another tandem lift..
That looks like a exit for the excavators, pouring a job like that I'd lay money that they used a pump for the concrete work, lot easier and faster then trying to get trucks down in there.
Didn't ask but with as steep as that ramp was to walk.....I'm betting they used a pump to pour that too.
my guess the ramp was for dump trucks after they dug the first 15 feet... then went back and started digging the final grades... I'm guessing the boxes are 8 feet tall each A hole that deep would have to have been signed off by an engineer..... Can't remember the depth it's either 20 or 25 feet... that it has to be engineered... but I'm leaning more toward the 25' depth
Wow man ..pretty sleck ...My luck ..the first box would have had plumbing and was loaded back warks on the truck ...
Well this one was loaded backwards,so we rigged so the 160 could pick it and spin it then re rigged to use both machines.
never easy is it ......