Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

580 k loader backhoe won’t start

Dustynpegelo1993 · 2025-01-08 14:39

I’m not very good at wiring and it was a hack job before I started using it it worked fine but the ignition needed to be replaced I was starting it off the starter and it would fire up but no longer even does that it sparks but gets to hot any help I could get would be awesome willing to learn

Replies4
  1. #1Vetech632025-01-08 14:52

    What is sparking and getting hot? The starter motor?

  2. #2Dan_Bucket2025-01-08 16:07

    If something is getting hot it sounds like you might have a short, but your description could use more details. Maybe check the connections to the starter with a volt meter.

  3. #3Dustynpegelo19932025-01-09 09:16

    Like when I try to just jump it from the starter with like booster cables because it doesn’t start with the ignition anymore sometimes it clicks, but I’m just trying to find the right set up again, but what goes where to the ignition starter and it seems like I’m losing power to the starter

  4. #4Dan_Bucket2025-01-09 09:49

    You should get a service manual for your machine. Here is part of a page that shows the circuit. (am I allowed to post this on this forum?)