Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

580 l rubber bumper stud

Maybeso ยท 2022-06-19 19:07

It's been a while since I've been on here, hope everyone is having a happy fathers day. I had the stud that holds the rubber bumper on the boom of my 580 l, break. Two questions, one how do you get that stud loose, does it have a nut on the back side ( I hope not) or is it just threaded into the boom? What is that piece called so I can try to find and order one. Maybe that was more than two questions, thank you

Replies8
  1. #1Coy Lancaster2022-06-20 21:41

    I'm not sure how that bumper attaches but if it's a stud maybe you can drill it out. Send a pic if you can.

  2. #2doghead2022-06-21 07:07

    https://www.brokentractor.com/p/cas...r-for-boom-and-swing-tower-87491322-87491322/ #35 is the stud that holds the pad on.

  3. #3Maybeso2022-06-21 17:07

    I will, but right now I'm working away from home, it will be a week or two

  4. #4Maybeso2022-06-21 17:09
  5. #5doghead2022-06-21 19:46

    It is inside the boom.

  6. #6Maybeso2022-06-22 06:54

    My machine is a 580L, extendahoe, 1997, it's not a series two, not sure if that makes a difference. So there must be a nut or bolt that holds this in place and I guess I have to try to get a wrench up between the hoses inside the boom

  7. #7Tinkerer2022-06-22 08:55

    Thanks to the good people at MinnParr Parts, here is a link to the OEM parts book. Somewhere around page #495 is your dipper. https://cdn.minnpar.com/partbooks/C...E 580L SERIES 2 PARTS MANUAL (Compressed).pdf

  8. #8Maybeso2022-06-22 16:51

    Thank you