Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

580 sm

bobgau ยท 2013-05-09 22:38

Greetings Yesterday my 580 SM backup alarm quit working, I stopped for lunch and the machine sat for 45 minutes and the alarm was working again, after working a bit the alarm quit again. This morning the alarm worked fine for a hour then quit again, machine sat for a couple hours and it worked again. No other apparent issues, any ideas. Thanks

Replies2
  1. #1bowen2013-05-10 09:23

    Find a wiring diagram and see what turns it on. Some have a sensor on the transmission shuttle. Is the fluid level OK?

  2. #2melben2013-05-10 21:40

    The BU alarm is fed from the same wire that actuates the reverse solenoid on the powershuttle control valve, if the tractor is backing up ok, get under and check the wire at the BU alarm for voltage in reverse position, I don't believe it has to be running. Just switch on and in reverse. If no voltage check the wire, if voltage, check the alarm. We replace a few of them so I suspect it as your problems. I have seen municipality machines that load salt have connection problems at the alarm terminal nuts but usually they will twist off before coming loose