My 71' Case 580B CK is leaking hydraulic fluid somewhere in the power steering circuit. I've taken the pump apart, cleaned it out and put new gasket in. I've gone over all the hoses multiple times before and after running the tractor to see if I could find any cracks or spots where it was leaking but cannot find anything. Am I correct in thinking it has to be leaking from one of the cylinders? Is there a way to test which one its leaking from? I can't find any signs of fluid leaking on either one after running it. Just looking for the next step on troubleshooting. Thanks!
There are only two places a cylinder can leak externally. The hose fittings or around the cylinder rods. Park the tractor where any oil leaking can be seen on the ground. You referring to the continued addition of oil to the power steering pump, right ??
Correct. If I fill it up and use the tractor for a few hours it’ll be low by the end of the job. Will it leak just being parked or does here have to be pressure build up?
If the oil is disappearing from the reservoir & is not leaking onto the ground, it can only be leaking into the engine via the front seal of the steering pump.