I have seen old threads on this subject but I have had no luck yet.I replaced the throttle shaft and fuel shut off o rings on a Lucas CAV pump.I have fuel out of the bleeder screws and even fuel from the over flow lines at the injectors but no fuel out of the pump to the injectors. I am about to blow a gasket with this.Please help.
Sounds like your metering lever isn't moving. Did it mate up when you put the top back on?
Thanks for the reply. I was pretty careful to align the pin on the manual shut off and the J bar when I put the cover back on. The next step I was contemplating is taking the cover back off and double checking everything. I was hoping to avoid that but it was running fine before, even with the fuel pouring from around the throttle shaft.
Make sure the metering lever moves before you put the cover back on. It doesn't take much effort so if it feels stuck don't put alot of force to it. I have seen that not line up properly and slightly bend the rod when its reassembled.
Thanks again. I bought a new gasket just in case. I'm planning on taking it back apart tonight while the weather is still agreeable. I will definitely make sure that the metering rod is still moving and everything lines up before reassembly. I will try to let you know what happens.
Well I took it apart again and everything looked good. Reassembled and the only thing that I could tell that was different was the throttle felt different. We bled everything and had fuel spewing at the injectors. We tightened them up and she fired right up and quit, bled everything again 3 more times. Still fuel at the injectors but not spewing. Help!
Sounds like you are getting air in the fuel…..or lack of fuel supply pressure. Have you checked for loose or kinked fuel lines, maybe rotted areas on the fuel lines?
Yeah. I checked everything that I could think of. After it started and quit I bled quite a bit of air. I even took the bleeder screw out of the pump and cranked it over and fuel came out but not as much as I expected. I agree with what you said but I can’t seem to figure it out.
you may need to check the return line and fittings for free flowing back to the storage tank, won't run if not free flowing
Thanks.l’ll do that.
how are doing with your project?
Thanks to everyone who helped me out with this. Blew lines out, new filters, fresh priming, and a big booster on the battery. She was running like a sewing machine in about 5 minutes. Thanks Vetech63 and jimg984!