Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

580 Super K Hyd hoses

zbo2 ยท 2017-10-29 22:58

Borrowed a friends 580Sk. One of the hoses on the hoe bucket blew. They are both in horrible shape so I want to change both of them. I'm not sure of the ID of the hose or the pressure rating. Also the size of the fittings. One hose is male JIC by male JIC and the other is male JIC and what I'm guessing is some type of o-ring fitting. Does anyone know the sizes of the hoses and the fittings? Thanks

Replies9
  1. #1Ronsii2017-10-30 01:36

    I don't know the size/type of fittings... but usually it's safest to take the hoses with you when getting replacement hoses so they will match up right.

  2. #2xgiovannix122017-10-30 08:05

    remove the hoses and get them made. Best way to do it cause you need to replace em anyways

  3. #3zbo22017-10-30 11:40

    Understood, I wanted to save some money and order them from Discount Hydraulics on line... I got all the ones for my dozer from them and they were perfect. I just am not sure of the fitting sizes on the backhoe. I think they are 10's with 5/8" hose but I don't have anything to match up to make sure. Was hoping someone here had done this already... Thanks though

  4. #4mikebramel2017-10-30 13:26

    1" tube nut hex is a 5/8. The "oring fitting" is probably a male ORB fitting screwed right into the tube? Also a 5/8" if it has a 1" wrench size

  5. #5Ronsii2017-10-30 20:43

    I thought discount hydraulics had an identification chart on their website... I know surplus center does make for a handy chart to ID the common fittings.

  6. #6willie592017-10-30 21:15

    JIC and SAE O-Ring Boss are the same thread pitch and same thread diameter, the only difference is the JIC has a taper on the end of the fitting whereas ORB is a straight thread with an o-ring to make the seal. -4, 1/4" tube size 7/16-20 threads -6, 3/8 tube size 9/16-18 -8, 1/2 tube size 3/4-16 -10, 5/8 tube size 7/8-14 -12, 3/4 tube size 1 1/6-12 -14, 7/8 tube size 1 3/16-12 -16, 1" tube size 1 5/16-12

  7. #7zbo22017-10-30 22:22

    Thanks guys.......... it gets confusing to me because I don't work with this stuff all the time. It ended up being 5/8 ID hose and the fittings are a 12's. So I needed 10-12 fittings, 10 for the hose side and 12 for the actual fitting side. The o-ring one was also 10-12 sae-orb. I appreciate that chart Willie. I didn't realize that the thread pitch was the same between the JIC and SAE-ORB.

  8. #8willie592017-10-30 22:39

    Yep, they're both SAE threads, all things are relative between them

  9. #9zbo22017-10-31 22:50

    For future reference Hydraulic hose size chart.