Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

580 super k manual

dannyboy950 ยท 2011-12-24 13:42

I have a 580 super k manual I will be glad to share info out of if needed

Replies11
  1. #1nitro2011-12-31 09:30

    ill take anything i can get , had my sk for a couple months now and just finnished the 24" bucket (reshankification process) and got the cab heater to make heat. is there a section in that manual for what size ballpeen to use on different parts of the machine , or should i just stick to the BFH method

  2. #2dannyboy9502011-12-31 16:17

    I am partial to the BFH method myself. Occasionally combined with the VICTOR WRENCH judishously applied of course.

  3. #3redneck12012-02-19 10:49

    1992 case 580 super k 4x4 how do i check my tranny fluid (transaxle) with motor running and hot or motor off and cold level check?? thanks

  4. #4alrman2012-02-20 07:33

    Hey redneck1 - welcome to HEF! Super K with phase 3 transaxle is checked with engine stopped - I usually check them 1 or 2 mins after stopping the engine, so the convertor & oil cooler are near filled.

  5. #5redneck12012-02-20 18:42

    Thanks for that Alrman, I am not sure if i have a phase 3 transaxle but i will check the fluid like that and see how it reads.

  6. #6alrman2012-02-21 06:25

    Phase 3 has 4 speed coming out of dash - model before it comes from the floor.

  7. #7redneck12012-02-21 17:25

    OK Then I have a phase 3 Thanks

  8. #8crankysam2012-07-25 11:03

    hey Alrman,,Ok I just received a 1991 580 super K and just where do you check the tranny fluid level.Case is new to me and can't find where to check the level? any help appreciated

  9. #9crankysam2012-07-25 11:05

    My shifter for speeds are to the right in the cab and the shuttle shifter is on the dash.....

  10. #10mitch5042012-07-25 11:29

    if the 4-speed shifter comes out of the "side dash" on the right fender, it is a phase 3, and you check it like alrman said. The dipstick is behind the seat, in front of the backhoe controls, through a hole in the floor. oh, and don't be cranky, be happy and friendly

  11. #11crankysam2012-07-25 21:07

    Hey Mitch...lol The reason they call me crankysam is that I had ground crankshafts for over 20 years.Thank you for the info .,I will look tomarrow.