Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

580 super L series 2 wiring diagram

ed587 ยท 2012-12-28 19:25

radio & alt light stay on when ignition is off. need to trace feed back thanks

Replies1
  1. #1bowen2012-12-29 07:23

    No help on the wiring diagram but I would want to get behind the dash and look at the ignition switch. I would think the switch itself is bad or a wire shorted, bent terminals on the switch etc. If possible find the wire that goes to the alternator light. If this goes directly and only to the ignition switch, then I would say it has to be a bad switch. On mine this is on the switch terminal marked "ACC" and when the switch it turned to "on" this should be 12V, otherwise it should be OV. This wire may go up into a harness for the dash and will not be easy to find. I suppose it could be related to the radio is this is on the same circuit. I do not have a radio. You got any rats making beds?