Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

580 super m + series 2

Farmrboy · 2018-12-15 10:39

ive asked about every other brand of backhoe so let’s talk about a case for awhile. I found a good deal on a 06 580 super m plus, machine looks very well taken care of and has all the features I’m looking for besides pilots which I can live without. I know case makes a excellent machine so I’m not overall worried about reliability but I see the series 2 has a Iveco over a Cummins and that does concern me. What’s everyone’s thoughts on the series 2 machines? Also this one has a powershift? What’s your thoughts on that also

Replies6
  1. #1kith2018-12-15 20:52

    They are good machines. The engines and transmissions are fine.

  2. #2KSSS2018-12-15 21:42

    Had numerous machines with Iveco engines. Never put a dime into any of them. I have a 590 SN with powershift, works like a champ.

  3. #3redranch2018-12-16 09:57

    I have a 2006 SM series 11 with the Iveco motor and with no problems either. Go for it.

  4. #4Casemechanic2018-12-16 12:22

    Great engines. Injectors are not water friendly thats about the only failures we see

  5. #5Coy Lancaster2018-12-21 14:44

    The Iveco injection pumps are problematic at times keep fuel clean.

  6. #6Dan580Ks2023-07-26 03:33

    Good info