Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

580B Clutch issues

rcb ยท 2015-06-14 21:02

Greetings !! I looked at a 580B some time ago and couldn't agree on price. It was a well cared for machine and in nice shape. I recently received a call and asked if I still wanted to buy it. They indicated the clutch now needed replaced. I took a look at it and pressed down on the clutch pedal and it went all the way down without any resistance. The pedal travel was very smooth pushing with one hand, but again, absolutely no resistance. I did not start the machine as there was no one around. Your collective thoughts, please. Thanks... Bob

Replies1
  1. #11968 Case 580CK2015-06-14 22:15

    Send us some pics, and maybe an idea of the price. For there to be no resistance, Im thinking that maybe the clutch linkage has come loose, is broken, etc. Could be that the clutch is fine, but the linkage needs some TLC.