Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

580B digging action got really slow

n175h ยท 2010-06-27 20:27

I spent Saturday morning digging out a big stump. As I was digging the action of the bucket, tower, and arm became really slow. Engine temp was ok, rpm was about 1700. It began the work normally, but after 30 minutes I noticed the difference. If you remember I changed my hyd fluid and filter about a month ago and posted that the pressure on the dash gauge never came up out of the bottom of the green. It still doesn't. You think that may be a problem? I'm not sure what to think. Here is the link to the post with the gauge I'm referring: It is about the 10th post down. David

Replies3
  1. #1stumpjumper832010-06-27 20:40

    did you check pressures? I'd be suspicious of the pump being worn...

  2. #2n175h2010-06-28 20:42

    Where do I check it? and what pressure reading is a normal range?

  3. #3stumpjumper832010-06-28 21:03

    when I checked the pressures on my mini hoe, we plumbed the gauges right into the circuit. With the mini, a tacheuchi tb53, reliefs were factory set at 3k psi. I'm going to guess that your 580 is going to be simular to my 450c deere though and run 2300 -2500 psi.