Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

580B fix up help

ted0175 ยท 2019-06-17 12:41

So I just purchased a 580B backhoe this weekend and I'm just going through and fixing some things up. First off I'm trying to get my hands on a service manual/operators manual/ parts manual. I prefer to work on my own stuff so want to have the resources. Second I need to rebuild a couple cylinders and the hydrolic pump. I have found a new pump for 600 dollars but don't see why it couldnt be rebuilt for much less. I have not been able to find anything on the case parts site. Does anyone know where I can download the manuals(free I hope) and if this pump can be rebuilt and the part numbers. Any guidance in the right direction would be a huge help. Thanks everyone

Replies10
  1. #1thepumpguysc2019-06-17 17:30

    I steer folks to a store called EPS for cylinder seals.. & a fella named Dale Weiss who runs Tractor Stuff.. He has new & used Case parts & is an encyclopedia of info.. e-backhoeparts.com Have fun.

  2. #2alrman2019-06-17 19:48

    Re the CNH Parts Store Website - to find hydraulic associated parts for the 580B, you need to search under - "35" this is the backhoe series used for the B model. You will see a quite a few listings, but look for "35 Loader & Backhoe for 580CK series B" MinnPar list a downloadable service manual

  3. #3Coy Lancaster2019-06-17 23:06

    When you look for kits for cylinder kits it's best to get the part number off the gland where rod comes out.

  4. #4ted01752019-06-18 08:57

    Thank you guys for the info. I was able to find part numbers and finally the blow-up parts diagrams for the hydraulic systems on the case parts store. Now to try and someplace I can get a deal at. Case direct parts are stupid expensive, almost double!

  5. #5thepumpguysc2019-06-18 10:35

    SEE post #2..

  6. #6ted01752019-06-20 08:07

    So i went to the Case dealer yesterday trying to find the reservoir breather vents that sit on top of the posts that serve as the reservoir for the hydraulic oil. Anyone have a clue what the part number or a fix? They dont show a number in the parts manual or online. Maby an alternative fix.

  7. #7thepumpguysc2019-06-20 10:02

    SEE POST #2

  8. #8joe--h2019-06-20 10:19

    Stubborn old fart, arn'tcha? Joe H

  9. #9Coy Lancaster2019-06-20 14:44

    Part number for breathers are 31543 but you can substitute 1971726C1 that are the transmission breathers for 580sk. You can try and find them on line.

  10. #10ted01752019-06-20 22:19

    i already asked the POST #2 guy hahah. I have reached out to him and he is trying to help me out with a pump and what not, just doesn't have it stock right now. Thank you for the part number, ill see if i can find that.