Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

580C aftermarket parts quality

DirtyHoe ยท 2017-07-20 01:46

What is the consensus on aftermarket case parts quality? I bought a new water pump on Ebay that was junk. There was a chip on the impeller, tons of play between the shaft and bearing. Also the bolt pattern was off a little. The weird part was the seller had sold lots of these and had great feedback. So I just paid twice as much at the dealer for a new one. Next I need all the bearings, seals, king pins, etc for the front end. My concern is it's a ton of work to have inferior pin hardness and diameter tolerance, Chinese bearings, etc. to fail early. Should I risk aftermarket or just go to the dealer? I would prefer Timkin bearings. So this was suppose to be a simple repack the bearings job and replace the seals. After I got it apart I found the majority of the parts wasted! The needle bearings were gone on both sides and beat the yoke out of round. The king pins were stuck. What a disaster. The hub seal area was beat out of round by a 1/4 inch! Here are some photos of my progress. Thanks, Steve

Replies6
  1. #1DirtyHoe2017-07-20 01:52

    One more picture... Next I will re-machine the yokes. I didn't want to take the axle apart, but the assembly was too heavy to wrestle around on the milling machine.

  2. #2Tinkerer2017-07-20 08:01

    Didn't you contact the ebay seller and ask him to return it ? I have had very good luck with SKF bearing purchased on ebay. There are some unbelievable deals there on bearings I have had good luck with aftermarket parts with the exception of a new ignition switch that destroyed a starting motor when it stuck in the start position. That cost me over $250.00. For really good quality aftermarkt parts and decent prices on OEM parts for your Case contact Dale Wiess here -------> http://e-backhoeparts.com/ He is a Case encyclopedia, not just for parts but how to do repairs.

  3. #3DirtyHoe2017-07-20 08:56

    Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately I painted it. Then used a die grinder to make it fit. Plus I bought it over the winter. I noticed the end play after the install. So at this point I think it's hopeless to argue a refund, but I'll check the policy.

  4. #4Juskatla2017-07-20 13:01

    I can second the recommendation to try Dale Weiss for your parts needs. I needed a new fuel sender and Dale didn't want to sell me the one he had because of a quality concern. He go that figured out and I ended up with what was needed at less than Case process for a quality part. I have had Dale supply all the other bits needed for my 580CK rebuild project and couldn't be happier with their dedication to service and quality parts.

  5. #5RDC_580C2017-07-20 13:44

    Aftermarket parts are hit or miss, but there are places better than the stealer. I haven't used e-backhoeparts (yet) but from the recommendations on here I wouldn't hesitate to when the time comes. I had a huge mess with brake components, including bearing carriers, on eBay from reliableaftermarketparts, and the pics to prove what kind of garbage they were. From the type of rivets they used in them to the fact they weren't even the right size compared to the originals. I've no idea where they sourced them from, but they said TP GRUP on them, and if you ever have the pleasure you'll find out what the TP stands for quick. Now on the flip side of that, the Master/Slave Cylinders and Injectors from there I had no issue with at all. I've used EPS (Equipment Parts Source) for quite a few things now and have had 0 issues with any of their parts, including the brakes bought from there to replace that TP GRUP junk.

  6. #6thepumpguysc2017-07-20 19:29

    Tractor parts/Dale Weiss is DA MAN.. IF you tell him anyone from this board sent you, he really appreciates it.. Tinkerer,TPG.. I use EPS also for hydro cyl. kits.. no problems..