I have replaced my radiator on a 1969 case 580c with one that does not have a cooling section for the hydraulic line. I was curious if I could use an automotive type tranny cooler instead? What type of pressure does that hydraulic line have. Is that line a return line? Thank-You for helping a newbie lovmyhoe
The 580C was first released around 1975. You make want to post some pictures of the machine to help identify what model you actually have. Yours may be a 580CK.
Yes, you are correct. It is a 1969 Case 580 ck tractor No# 8356623 I thought 580c was short for ck as I said I am new at this. Does anyone know the best place to buy the suction tube or what ever it is called, on the hydraulic pump. See photo Thank-you lovmyhoe
You may be able to get away just brazing the old one, hell it may even be a candidate for the dreaded JB Weld...It's the supply side, no real pressure..I've slathered that stuff on fuel tanks, differential housings, hydraulic tanks, and oil pans with great success....give er a try what do you have to lose?
You could do an internet search for salvage yards and send some emails to them. U will need a part number for them to determine if they have one. Here are a couple. https://www.tractorpartsasap.com/ https://www.farmlandtractor.com/
Thank-You to stinky64 and Tinkerer for your input on my post on the intake to my hydra. pump. If I can get it clean enough some kind of high performance epoxy may just do the trick. Thanks Tinkerer for the parts places to look for stuff, I do like this site lots of normal working stiffs the good people of working America,,,,,, Blessings lovmyhoe
I would discourage putting any epoxy patches on a hydraulic suction line. If any of it gets in the pump and system you will have major problems. If you cannot find a replacement pipe I think welding a short piece of new pipe (straight) to the fitting would be a good alternative. The curve of the pipe should be able to be recreated by using a hose. Use only R100 hydraulic hose for a replacement. IMHO !
Back to your original question, I don't think this machine has a hydraulic oil cooler. I would guess it has a transmission oil cooler. You definitely want to add back the missing cooler. The hydraulic return line doesn't have much pressure, maybe 50PSI. A clogged filter will increase the pressure. Do you have a parts and service manual? If not, I would get one. I noticed the engine parts diagram and service manual is missing for this model. You may have to purchase it online. https://www.mycnhistore.com/us/en/casece/ https://www.minnpar.com/manuals4.aspx?FName=CASE (CNH) MANUALS&SFName=CNH (CASE) LOADER BACKHOE MANUALS&SSFName=BACKHOE (CASE) 580 SERIES PARTS MANUALS
I have the 1969, 580CK service manual. PM me your email address if you need it.
He's already got the pipe off of the pump, once the epoxy/ JB sets up he's got a direct shot through the fitting side of the tube to clean the excess out to prevent any pump contamination....just sayin...
Why take a chance on a patch when a permanent repair or replacement is so easy to do ?
Never been a "parts changer" always been a "make it work" kinda guy....
First of all I want to say to all of you, Thank-You so much for all of your input, ideas, comments, and opinions. I am so happy that I decided to join this group of fine people! Now to Tinkerer, how do I PM you ? Please remember that I am truly a newbie . Also I have the hydraulic pump off but not the pipe!! It does not look like it would WANT to come off if you get my drift. Thanks again to you all lovmyhoe
Click your cursor over any member's name and a pop-up box will appear. In the black box it will have a line that says -----Start a conversation. Click on it and proceed from there.