So the two things I didn't want to happen happened. Rear flat tire...bit the bullet and bought new tires. Now my fan belt broke went to change it and I'm having a hell of a time getting the pump out it wiggles but doesn't move enough . Am I going to have to bite the bullet again and drain 22gals of fluid??? If I have to I'm re packing all my cylinders.
Did you loosen the four bolts on the crank or the two bolts holding the pump. Some will be frozen up an not slide or have a worn spot in the splines or coupler. Does your machine have a front counter weight or just the metal plate. You may have to unhook the pressure hose and loosen the clamps on the suction along with the four crank shaft bolts and pry it all back enough to slide the belt in. There is a industrial belt made up of links that works good that does not require the pump to be taken off to get you backup and running fast.
I took the 2 bolts off that hold the pump on
Got it all back together. Pain in the ***
hey sheepfoot do you have the name of that industrial belt or a site to get it online i might stock one up in case mine blow of in the middle of a job
I used a 50" v belt....but if I knew what I know now I'd use a 51" the 50 was tight
It's Fenner belting. Several different types per application. http://www.fennerdrives.com/product-lines/hpc-v-belts/
It works in a jam, Grainger (power twist belt), Gates Belts nu-t-link, and Fenner belting. You should not need a belt for several years if you just replaced it but you never know. I think I even saw the twist link at harbor freight the other day!.