Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

580C Hydraulic tank question

DirtyHoe ยท 2016-07-23 22:17

Hi, I have a 1980 580C Case that I'm replacing a bunch of parts on due to water contamination in the hydraulic system. Under the top cover and above the fuel tank there is a cross-over hose so the two frame hydraulic tanks can share air venting. There is a small outlet relief valve(part #R15536) on the left side and an inlet relief valve(old part #R15538) on the right side. The right side has been updated for a new part which is not a valve, but a breather(part #361776A1). Is this a redesign or a wrong part? This changes how the system works. With a breather it will not be able to have any low pressure built up in the tank. Also this new part is huge and sticks out of the large hole(about 3" in diameter) that is suppose to have a snap in steel cover cap. Has anyone run into this or know how this is suppose to work? Thanks, Steve

Replies2
  1. #1lantraxco2016-07-23 23:15

    Don't know how it works but that part number is the supersedure from the R15538, so it looks like it should be like that.

  2. #2DirtyHoe2016-07-25 00:26

    I installed it today. They call it a breather, but it must have a valve in it too. The tank had some pressure in it after I opened the filler cap.