Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

580C Parking brake lever

RDC_580C ยท 2017-05-05 04:24

Hello all. Does anyone have pics of the parking brake lever of the 580C (or similar) with the knob removed? The service manual has a great view of the entire thing together, but no exploded view of it that I can find. I had to play a bit of heck getting mine freed up from who knows how many years of neglect (not mine as she's new to me) and while the outside is not too bad looking, it was a rust farm inside there and seized pretty good. It seems like there was also some kind of rubber spacer in there that has since deteriorated, and from the looks of it there could/should be a spring that goes in there between those cupped washers, assuming that spring and rubber piece are for keeping some tension on the threads of the knob so it can't move easily from the vibration once set? Any info or pics of a working one that's complete would be great, and Thanks in advance.

Replies4
  1. #1xgiovannix122017-05-05 15:58

    This is out a 580e. If needed i can get a picture of my 580c. Let me know

  2. #2RDC_580C2017-05-06 01:49

    Thanks, but I need to see the parking brake lever with the knob removed to see what all is/isn't in there.

  3. #3xgiovannix122017-05-06 06:08

    http://caseconstruction.dminteractive.com/s/239083/42692/823159/ Looks like its all there

  4. #4RDC_580C2017-05-06 07:35

    I already have the manual and have seen that image, and it is not helpful, I need an exploded view of it or pics of one taken apart (knob unscrewed) that hasn't been messed with over the years to make sure it's all there.