Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

580c parking brake lever

broo1874 · 2022-06-04 19:13

Parking brake lever D75370 is broken and discontinued. Does anyone know if there is a newer part that can be used instead? I see some for sale for newer models that look similar but don’t know if they are the same because the part number is different. Or if anyone knows where I can get one. Any help would be appreciated.

Replies7
  1. #1RDC_580C2022-06-04 19:19

    The bucket and/or outriggers are a far better and safer parking brake, even a cinder block tossed behind a rear wheel will hold better.

  2. #2broo18742022-06-04 19:43

    I have been using the front bucket. But I have the brakes all taken apart to rebuild them so I might as well fix that also if I can.

  3. #3RDC_580C2022-06-04 22:42

    If you need the entire assembly, give Dale Weiss a call, http://e-backhoeparts.com/ It's really just a cable that gets pulled, so it probably wouldn't be super difficult to fabricate up something or possibly make some other type of lever work in place there.

  4. #4DirtyHoe2022-06-05 01:28

    It's not discontinued. It's on the Case parts website: https://www.mycnhistore.com/us/en/casece/category/cab-rops/cab/cab-parts-other/lever/p/D75370 Dale does a great job and probably would be less expensive.

  5. #5Billrog2022-06-05 11:28

    Or you can drill out the rivets and repair it with nuts and bolts.

  6. #6Billrog2022-06-05 12:49

    Just looked a a new one I happen to have , the rivet that holds the handle usually goes . I drilled it out and replaced it with a shoulder bolt . If you have trouble finding a new one I'll send you a pic. of the one I have and you can have it for $50 plus shipping if it's the right one.

  7. #7broo18742022-06-09 11:42

    Thank you all for the help. It is much appreciated. I am learning more all the time from this group.