Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

580c starting issues.

firetech ยท 2016-08-12 10:53

Hey guys, can anyone tell me where to find the neutral safety switch? My machine will start only occasionally so I started dissecting it. All seems to be in order so far but I don't recognize/locate the neutral switch. I see it in the wiring diagram??? Anyone have pics or ?????? Thanks.

Replies4
  1. #1sheepfoot2016-08-12 12:02

    If you follow the dipstick tube at the starter and go down to the shuttle the switch is to the rear of the big nut fitting on the tube. This is for a machine with a power shuttle.

  2. #2firetech2016-08-12 12:14

    thanks sheepfoot! I will try to locate it.

  3. #3firetech2016-08-12 14:26

    thanks sheepfoot. I took a look and it is just a two prong clip connector? Clips into a unit that is in the power shuttle? So basically i can only see the clip and not the switch right? I will try to clean connections first but if no success can i easily take the bolts out and remove unit?

  4. #4Grady2016-08-12 17:55

    There's nothing easy about working on equipment but it's all do-able. If you have a machine, you need the service and parts manuals. Ebay is one source. Check out the 580 C thread further down the page from where you posted your thread for some tips. The circuit breaker is a common problem - as is a bad ground. I'd try testing the neutral switch or bypassing it first to see if that's the problem unless you are just going to replace everything that could potentially be a problem. Good luck