I'm fixing up a 580C - lots of stuff needs to be freed up after sitting for 10 years... I noticed the backhoe swing foot pedals will stay one way or the other until I set it back to "center" myself. Should they put themselves back somehow? I didn't see a spring involved so I'm not sure what to fix, if so. Thanks, -Jason
Welcome to HEF, Jason ! The springs in the control valve are what returns and keeps the pedals in the neutral position. A lack of lubrication is the most likely problem, unless there is a broken spring in one of the swing sections. Each lever has a grease zerk on it.
1st was it running? Some of the centering is via Hyd pressure.
Okay, thank you both. I powerwashed that area and will lube it up good. It was a mound of debris beforehand so probably just needs tlc. It did do it running, but now I know to expect better spring back with pressure - wouldn't have know that.
It's a feature, makes it easier to destroy things nearby . Joe H
The return on the swing as with all the hyd. functions are with the spring on the end of the spool.
yes tinkerer has it, those things get gunked up and sitting is not good. you may have to take some of it apart if the usual spraying of lube and greasing does not get it smooth. and Joe H ........