Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

580c Windshield Wiper options

PartyFavorBob ยท 2022-12-29 11:34

Hello all, and thanks for being such a great resource! I've got an older 580c that I just around the house for clearing snow and other odds and ends, nothing serious. It has a full cab, but both front and rear wipers/motors are either gone or dead. The rear one I'm not worried about, but it would be nice to have a front wiper in a snowstorm. Any aftermarket options or suggestions for a motor/arm from another application that might work? I ordered a manual wiper kit for a side-by-side to try out, but haven't installed it yet. Thanks! Bob K. Anchorage, AK

Replies2
  1. #1Tinkerer2022-12-29 15:57

    I would think that with a little to no fabrication the motor assembly from a later model would work.

  2. #2alrman2022-12-29 23:18

    There is also an option of using a generic type set up as used in boating. It will come complete with a wiper arm.