Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

580c wont move.

coker28 ยท 2016-05-24 23:24

just bought a 580c. when I put it in gear it will not move. if the rear tires are off the ground they spin but I can stop them with my hand. any one have an idea what it could be? any help appreciated.

Replies4
  1. #1alrman2016-05-25 05:56

    Welcome to HEF coker28! Is the 4speed transmission in gear? - You wouldn't be the first...... I'm assuming this hoe has no drive in fwd or rev?? & that we are dealing with a power shuttle not a mechanical shuttle? Is the oil level correct? - It should be checked with the engine idling. Does the oil level drop from when stopped & then checked when running? - This would generally indicate the pump is working. There is a neutralizing solenoid on the left side of the shuttle, about 4" long & 3" dia. - if the wires are still connected to it - disconnect them & try it. Could be alot of other problems, but we need a little more info...

  2. #2sheepfoot2016-05-25 16:44

    Like alrman said, things to check. If the machine has a dipstick at the starter you have a power shuttle, with the machine not running the oil level should be 1-2 inches over the full mark, when engine running at the full mark. If it has a mech shuttle you will see the linkage for the clutch pedal on the side of the trans bell housing. If you look up under the machine in front of the rear wheels and can't see a drive shaft between the two sections then the machine is older than a (C).

  3. #3joe--h2016-05-25 21:09

    Was it dead when you bought it? Joe H

  4. #4coker282016-05-26 18:35

    yes it was dead when I bought it. found out the bolts onot the ring gear backed out and broke off. looks like all I need is the bolts.