Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

580ck backhoe bucket teeth

Steve 580ck · 2019-05-24 20:28

Hi guys, I ripped off a tooth the other day, one has been missing for a while and the others are worn. Does anyone have a link for the replacement teeth or know if these will work? Thanks, Steve

Replies13
  1. #1Bls repair2019-05-24 21:06

    Did you lose the cap or break the shank ? Same for the one that has been missing . If you ran the machine with the cap missing you may have to buildup or replace the shank . Worn shanks can cause the caps to fall off.

  2. #2Steve 580ck2019-05-24 22:05

    The cap that recently fell off still has a good shank, the one that has been missing needs to be built up

  3. #3Coy Lancaster2019-05-25 09:27

    The Case part number for the tooth is 114549 you can do a search and find them. Sometimes your dealer may have a good price on these because they're not used as much anymore.

  4. #4Steve 580ck2019-05-25 09:40

    Thank you!

  5. #5Billrog2019-05-25 09:54

    I gave up on pins to keep my teeth on years ago . I've been using grade 5 - 5/16" bolts just the right length with a nylock nut installed back wards & it ends up flush with the out side of the tooth when tightened.

  6. #6Steve 580ck2019-05-25 12:55

    That's a good idea, I ordered this set, I'll see if they fit when they come in otherwise I guess I'll be ordering new shanks

  7. #7Bls repair2019-05-25 13:37

    Do you have weld on shanks or bolt on shanks? If you replace the shanks with weld on I like to splay the outside ones out so the caps stick out @3/4” past the side of the bucket . This saves wear on the corners of the bucket

  8. #8Steve 580ck2019-05-25 13:40

    I have weld on, I like that idea, I bet it makes digging easier too

  9. #9Coy Lancaster2019-05-25 17:32

    The teeth on the old 33&35 backhoe are heat and beat the rear ears in against the shanks.

  10. #10Steve 580ck2019-05-25 17:55

    I could have sworn mine are pinned in, I'll have to check later, maybe someone changed them or put a different bucket on it

  11. #11Tinkerer2019-05-25 20:09

    # 23 teeth are commonly used to replace the old heat and beat ones that Coy referred to. But you gotta have the shanks with pin holes for the 23's. I lost a lot of those heat n beat style teeth digging up tree stumps. I finally started welding to weld them to the shanks (the teeth).

  12. #12Coy Lancaster2019-05-26 09:19

    Yeah a lot of people did after they lost brand new ones lol.

  13. #13DMiller2019-05-26 09:27

    Can always do a search on Ground Engagement Tools or Bits too, to see if some producers have something better.