Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

580ck backhoe moves side to side to easy

Hobo ยท 2019-10-31 18:42

New to backhoe's I bought a 1970 580ck when I push on the backhoe by hand it moves back and forth easy, when running the hydraulics move it easy one way the other way you got to get right position I just like your opinion if I need to rebuild the cylinders or you think it would be in the controls. Thanks

Replies5
  1. #1Tinkerer2019-10-31 18:49

    How far does it "move easy" ? I don't understand "move it easy one way the other way you got to get right position" Can you explain that a little better ?

  2. #2Hobo2019-10-31 18:55

    When it's off the ground not running if you just lean on it it will move all the way from one side to this other both ways, when I was using it it would swing to the right good but the left it would only go if I got it not to far extended or too close

  3. #3edgephoto2019-10-31 22:58

    Maybe a video so we can see what you mean.

  4. #4Ronsii2019-11-01 00:52

    I think the ck's have a 'cushion valve' like most every other hoe.... guessing it is having issues....

  5. #5Coy Lancaster2019-11-01 19:57

    You probably have either a bad swing relief valve or a bad swing cylinder