Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

580ck Hydraulic oil

ck580james ยท 2015-10-18 22:03

Hi all, I am new to this forum I just acquired a late sixties 580ck construction king. The hydraulics were whining and not wanting to move. I read different things elsewhere on what to add. It ended up taking about 4 gallons or so in the right loader arm before it began to come out of the weep hole. I used "tractor hydraulic fluid" the good news, is that the hydraulics are working now, the bad news is the tractor is very slow to take off, like a slipping clutch and the brakes are not grabbing any more. Did I use the wrong fluid, and if so, what is the right kind and do I need to do anything besides drain and replace. I appreciate any insight anyone might have. Thanks, James

Replies1
  1. #1Juskatla2015-10-18 23:18

    Your loader reservoir is in the frame, and can use hydraulic oil, as you have done. The power shuttle is filled through the plug forward of the shift lever on the top of the transmission. Case spec'd TCH for the shuttle and hydraulics but these days Hytran Ultra is the recommended alternative in the shuttle. Do not put hydraulic oil or other ATF type oil in your shuttle, on pain of failure. You should find a filter for the shuttle behind the grill. There are lots of posts regarding the CK and B shuttles if you search them here. Brakes are not very good at the best of times. You can inspect, replace and adjust them yourself but a manual will be a good investment. Parts views are available on the Case website. Someone here may post the link, as I don't currently have it saved. Printed copies are available from various suppliers and will help you understand your machine better. Good luck... Jess