Hello all I have a 580ck 66 with a 207D I have no power steering i look apart the pump and everything looks good inside I check the inner pump gears and alu bearing for the gears and it looks excellent shape no wear. I checked the pressure relief looks good there.What eles can be causing the no power steering I have to pull my guts out to get the steering to turn when i lift the front wheels up of the ground it moves freely hardly no effort. What eles controls the power to the hydraulic steering cyls. How can i check the pump to see if its putting out pressure is there a way to put a gauge in the line to confirm pressure. Any help would be great on solving this cannot drive the unit this way. Thanks thumpalong
steering Thumpalong , I would check the piston seals in the steering cylinders, posible loose piston, oil will be going in a loop with no steering at all while turning the wheel.
Hello i took one apart and all looked good i plug one side and pulled the cyl rod and held pressure wanted to spring back. I thought of that too thinking it was looping through so i tore one apart to check if was good.
steering pressure I think the steering pressure should be around 1800/2100 psi. I would tee into a steering line and with the wheels off the ground turn to stops and check pressure, then do the same with wheels on the ground, I would still try to do one steering cylinder at a time also and check them by pluging the lines to the one cylinder then the other because sometimes what looks good is realy leaking by under high pressure also. Did you remove the pump when you pulled it down and check the key in the drive gear? just a after thought.
BODY & SPOOL (Order A37980), control valve Hello I tore it apart and check the gears and bearing sides and it looks perfect no signs of wear so i took apart the pressure relief valve and payed around with the adjustment i screwed it in all the way thinking the pump might not be building enough pressure and put back together. Started the backhoe up still same thing no steering. So I tore apart the BODY & SPOOL control valve for the steeing i believe it controls the steering direction, everything looked good excpet the relief valve, control valve it has a ball bearing and a 1/8x15/16 spring pin in it that presses in the plug assy. Well i found out it was worn so i go a new pin and tapped in to the plug assy to where i thought it should go.I would of thought there would be a spring in there instead of a steel pin so i put back together and started the backhoe up and tried to turn the steering left and the steering went right i had to hold the wheel because it when right by itself then i turned it left and it when right by itself and if i let the wheel go it would shutter back and forth by itself. So i took the relief pin apart again and adjusted the pin height I lowered it and put back together and started the backhoe up again and tried to turn the steeing and it was hard to turn. Is there a pre set height the pin should be set at does anyone have a manual to check and see if the book has a preset height.I thinking the valve spool has something to do with it. I was talking to the dealer/ tech from Case and he thinks it might be the Manual pump where the steering wheel connects to. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreacated. Thanks Thumpalong
I have this same problem with a 530CK. An old timer told me to pull off the valve below the fuel tank and mount it backwards. The valve is a mirror image of itself and the lines should match up. I haven't gotten around to trying this but let me know if it works for you.
No power steering 580ck Hello Brandt I have found out what was causing my 580ck with no steering. The previous owner had seperated the engine and tranmission and put back together. Before all this i tore everything apart and check to see if anything was out of the ordinary like worn parts etc and every thing looked perfect I tore the Hydraulic pump apart and played with the pressure relief valve and turned it in all the way and put back together and there was stilll nothing. I dont know why i checked the lines off the pump but i looked at the diagram from the case site and followed the lines and found the 2 pressure line and return line were crossed. I had previously seperated the transmission and engine because i had to replace the clutch and pressure plate and fork and torque tube and reassembled the hoe again and reconnected the lines back where they came off I had marked them. But the lined were bent in a way they would of not fit in the other way. Well i had to rebend the line around to the proper pressure and return sides once i did that I had power steering again. Well i blew of the end cap to the control valve I wonder why this happend and remembered i was playing with the pressure relief valve it was over 3-4000 PSI when truned hard to load the engine.Then i was on the hunt for a end cap for the control valve Case had one in the USA The cap was $151 and $10.00 gasket and what pissed me off the most was the shipping $78.00 and he quoted me around $200. Other than that every thing worked once i adjusted the pressure relief valve down. I have to readjust it up a bit its around 1500psi and Case told me specs was Max 2100PSI I think if i leave it at that and when i have a load of gravel on it it might be a bit harder to turn. Thumpalong.