Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

580ck steering cylinder fitting size

dirty rice ยท 2018-05-06 23:18

Anyone know the size of the fittings for the hoses on the steering cylinders? They are smaller than 3/8 (-6) jic, but larger than 1/4 (-4) jic, and also slightly larger than 5/16 (-5).

Replies2
  1. #1Tinkerer2018-05-07 07:18

    I don't know what they are. But, I am curious as to why you need to know the exact size. Are you making new hoses yourself. I have always taken old hoses to a hydraulic shop and have them match the old ones to the new ones.

  2. #2dirty rice2018-05-07 13:53

    No, I'm not having the hoses made. For the sake of saving time, money, and simplicity, Im just replacing all my hoses with new ones that the local TSC store stocks. The hose ends are mostly 1/2" mnpt and the adapters to go to flare/jic, o-ring, or pipe are pretty common. I've gotten pretty much every hose replaced except the steering ram hoses which seem to be an odd size.