Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

580e fuel sending unit

Marky591 · 2021-10-30 16:50

Hello, new member here, I need a fuel sending unit for my machine. I have the parts service manual but it is not listed. The fuel tank diagram shows the hole where it goes but no listing for it..The electrical diagram shows the unit but only list the part number for the grommet on the senders wire..Does anyone have a Part number for the sending unit this machine takes?

Replies7
  1. #1Tinkerer2021-10-30 17:06

    Welcome to HEF, Marky ! Go here and see this is what you need. https://www.mycnhistore.com/us/en/c...B1C-A5F7-E678DF2B94CD&isSnFilterEnabled=false

  2. #2Marky5912021-10-30 21:19

    Sure looks like it, thank you so much!

  3. #3herb bryant2024-12-22 15:02

    how do you tell if it bad ??? mine reads full all the time i know i got issue just trying to find the problem

  4. #4HarleyHappy2024-12-23 08:27

    You can take unit out of tank and with key on, manually move the arm. For 20 bucks I just ordered a universal one from Amazon and replaced it. Had to make a few adjustments but it works fine. First I grounded out the gauge to verify it worked. There are a few other threads on here describing the process. Might want to start a new thread, as everyone will see it.

  5. #5herb bryant2024-12-25 18:12

    Do you know the part number off of Amazon or will you send me the link. Thank you

  6. #6HarleyHappy2024-12-26 07:11

    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019CXVE9G/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Not sure if this link works but this is what I used. All I can say is while the directions look like they are lacking, everything is there and it isn’t rocket science. I ended up hooking up a separate group and held outside the tank to adjust the sending arm and had to re bend arm after to set to correct level. I have it set so empty on gauge, tank is still a 1/4 left. This works perfectly for me.

  7. #7herb bryant2024-12-26 08:26

    Thank you. I will look into it