My 580K backhoe will not move forward. It will go in reverse fine but when I shift to go forward it will not move. After several tries it will move some but not far. The more I play with it, it will finally go. It seems to be when it is cold and needs to warm up. I have heard some issues with the shuttle valve or contamination in the screen. I have to say this is my first go around so please bare with me. Is there a pan I can take off to clean and inspect the shuttle valve? Any suggestions would help. Thanks
Chuckie, need some more info to get you some help, does your machine have the 4 speed shifter on the floor phase 1, have to raise the hood to check the shuttle oil, dipstick above starter or is it on the dash rt hand side phase 3, check the trans oil behind the seat post on the floor ?. They are two different drive trains and this would allow for better trouble shooting.
Thanks for the information. Found the dipstick above the starter and I sure feel stupid. Oil only at the very end of stick. But anyway I did learn a lesson. What type of oil do I use for this? It looks like it should take about a quart and a half. Again Thanks a bunch.
Case TCH fluid, which is torque/transmission/hydraulic fluid. JD HyGard, Dexron, Type C-3 fluid, good 303 oil will work, just don't use a strait hyd oil.