Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

580K 2 Stick Controls

CJStymeist ยท 2014-09-04 21:18

I'm looking for a set of 2 stick controls for a Series JJG002 580K with ExtendaBoom. I need the controls and valves as I'm not sure if my current 4 stick valve system will work with a 2. Send me an email if you have one complete for sale or if you want to trade for a 4 Stick system. Thanks

Replies4
  1. #1mitch5042014-09-05 00:53

    The valve bank is the same, just the linkage is different.

  2. #21466IH2014-09-05 02:12

    I know that this topic is for a SL but for this process they are basically the same machine so have a look at this topic

  3. #3rickw2014-09-05 06:10

    Google CES (Construction Equipment Salvage). They r in Cambridge OH. That is where I bought my tower to convert my 580 SL. They shipped them to me And I sent mine back. Easy swap they send the whole set up, just nut and bolt work. Except for you are supose to change the spring for the swing valve. Has anybody changed this spring for the swing? Is it a big job?

  4. #4melben2014-09-05 10:03

    I have changed many, the wobble stick spring is lighter than the footswing so a bit easier to manage. I have used a scissors type small engine valve spring compressor to install a few. The spring and cup are held on by a snap ring and you will possibly drop the snap ring a couple time so I would do it on a clean floor or put something down to keep it for disappearing. Block the upper lever in the center position so the spool can't move while you are working on it. The swing will be noticably stiffer than the other functions if the spring is not changed but no further problems will result if it is not changed. Use good quality snap ring pliers to keep it from popping off.