Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

580k fuel problems

Brandon_M ยท 2017-06-18 13:24

Got a phase1 580k. Running great & shut it off, it was to low on fuel wouldn't start back. Fueled it up & now seems to be Not getting fuel through the pump. Plenty of fuel coming from the lift pump. Just changed the fuel cut off solenoid, checked the power on the wire everything seems to work right. Could it be on air that bad?

Replies4
  1. #1thepumpguysc2017-06-18 14:31

    Loosen the lines AT THE INJECTORS & crank till fuel squirts out. 10 sec. bursts of the starter & rest.

  2. #2Pixie2017-06-20 05:53

    I had tried bleeding everything on my 580k over and over and finally put an electric fuel pump in place of the lift pump. Bought a new lift pump but I doubt I'll bother to install it. I was getting fuel but not enough or something. Maybe the lift pumps weaken before they die ?

  3. #3DualsportWA2017-06-23 11:08

    You can also bleed at the pump following procedure for fuel filter replacement in service manual- I've done it on my 580k a few times for filter changes and to remove water from system at filter (drain). I didn't have to crack injector lines.

  4. #4Delmer2017-06-23 11:19

    If it was running when you shut it down, then it's easier to get the air out. Once it's died, or won't start, you need to get the air out of the injector lines. Plus, the fuel coming out of the injector lines is the next diagnostic step if it still won't start.