The shut off solenoid was leaking, checked with air and replaced with new also looks like it's leaking from the bottom side of the fuel pump.
Regardless of where it’s leaking, it ALWAYS runs down to the bottom.. U can usually find it it u blow it off w brake cleaner and dust it w baby powder/talcum powder.. THEN try to find it.. Pay close attention to the throttle shaft..
Thank you Will clean it and check again. Thought I had it when I found the leaking solenoid.
Check the throttle and another leaking area is where the steel head goes into the aluminum housing (oring)
I'll check but leaning towards the o ring you have mentioned.
If this pump is a Roosa-master, they are known for leaking around the shafts in the top caps. I replaced the O-rings (two on each shaft IIRC) and no more leaks. Just had to remove the linkages, carefully remove the plate being careful to observe what goes where when you pull it off. I don't think anything pops out at you. Don't remember exactly what keeps the shafts in place but when you get them out you can see the O-rings. Easy to replace and reinstall. Mine was leaking horribly. Over 2 gallons overnight. No leaks anymore!
U gotchr pumps mixed up.. The CAV DPA is the one with the leaking shaft orings, 2 on each of the shafts.. On the Rooster-Masher, the shafts go thru the main pump hsg. & there’s 1 oring on each end.. Glad u gotchr leak fixed..
Planning to clean it up with brake clean and check for the leak in the next couple of days.
Leaking between aluminum body and steel head.
Bummer
Yes, guess it will have to be removed and repaired in the near future. I live in southern Indiana and will need to find a good place to take it.
There r a few fuel shops in Indiana.. But you’ll pay dearly.. Why not send it to me .??
There are several members on here who have had the pumpguy repair their IP's and gave rave reviews. I think it would be in your best interests to PM the pumpguy and arrange to have your pump sent to him.
I just might do that. Thank you
I will vouch for the great job ThePumpGuy does.... in addition to the invaluable info given regarding correct removal/install......
Not might, you should do it. It will be done right and save you a bunch of money.