Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

580k no brakes

Brandon_M · 2018-09-07 20:47

I’ve got a 580k phase 1 backhoe. Lost brakes, 1 day had perfect brakes then the next time of operation the brake pedals hit the floor board. The master cylinder under the hood is completely full & no leaks of any kind. Brandon

Replies5
  1. #1Tenwheeler2018-09-07 21:10

    Sounds like the master cylinder. My 680 has one for the left and one for the right. Both failed at once?

  2. #2Brandon_M2018-09-07 21:24

    I’m not a 100% sure but I was thinking I’ve only got one master cylinder. Yeah the pedals was locked together & both failed at the same time

  3. #3Brandon_M2018-09-07 23:15

    Maybe from what I’ve seen online I do have 2 master cylinders but only 1 reservoir. If I change them out how do you bleed them?

  4. #4Tenwheeler2018-09-08 08:10

    Bench bleed them first or bleed them from the connecting lines first. Then if needed they have bleeders at the wheels like a car. Two on each wheel I thank. Do the bottom one first. Believe they will gravity bleed if you open one and wait a few minutes. If not get a pedal pusher.

  5. #5Brandon_M2018-09-09 19:00

    Ok thanks Tenwheeler.... Sounds like a plan. Brandon