Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

580K Phase 1 Transaxle Oil

Dirtdauber ยท 2015-01-23 18:12

The manual says to use Case Transaxle fluid MS1317 and that is the only thing I have found that is 80W-140 and suitable for the wet brakes on this machine. According to the info found here, http://www.viscosityoil.com/nh_gear.htm , New Holland TRX is the same, but I've called three NH dealers and none of them have ever heard of that. Here is the info on the Case branded product: http://www.viscosityoil.com/gear_oils.htm I'm not too crazy about a 160 mile round trip to the nearest Case construction dealer and would like to pick it up in person to be sure what I get is what I need.. The one I called in Charlotte NC said it was in stock and was $158.00 for 5 gallons. Anyone know of a alternative?

Replies2
  1. #1melben2015-01-24 11:34

    You are correct on MS1317, Case used to brand the buckets as "TransAxle fluid". The word was that it had friction modifiers to maintain smooth brake operation.

  2. #2mitch5042015-01-24 12:04

    Using incompatible oil can lead to the brake disks delaminating. That gets expensive.