Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

580K power steering cylinder seal kit

newdesertfox ยท 2019-04-25 20:04

Im trying to figure out a seal kit for the steering cylinder, its a phase 3 k, 4x4. cylinder is a 3 bolt design. But the best guess I have is N14622 from case, which at $260 for a single kit is so absurd its impressive. Anyways am I right on the part number, and if so is there any reasonable priced ones out and about

Replies4
  1. #1alrman2019-04-25 21:14

    Google is your friend. It will be a more expensive than your average kit as it has 2 x pressure seals & 2 x wiper seals..... Failing that, pull it apart & visit a hydraulic seal store with your samples.

  2. #2newdesertfox2019-04-26 15:18

    I did google it a bit, cheapest I found was $180 which makes no sense, the 2-3 other steering cylinder versions for the Ks all their kits are $45-80, so why this one is so expensive is puzzling. Best I can figure is it wasn't the common one so supply/demand

  3. #3Tinkerer2019-04-26 15:29

    My go to man for parts is Dale Wiess. His website is here ---> http://e-backhoeparts.com

  4. #4newdesertfox2019-04-26 16:10

    Thanks tinkerer, just sent him an email to see what he may have