So, I have own this hoe for a good ten years, and might finally have time to work on a few things, (sorry you will probably see several new post from me). For the ten years I have owned this case the lever in the cab, forward /reverse has always been on the "floating" side. It works fine but to keep it in neutral or find neutral you kind of have to play with it, if you know what I mean. I have to push it forward then reverse to get it centered so it starts? Normal or is there an adjustment I can make to tighten this up a bit. Oh yeah and please don't say get a new transmission.
It's probably a little bit of wear in a lot of places. Sometimes just replacing pins takes out enough lost motion to make a big difference.
Thanks for that Mitch, I kind of have the same issue with the linkage for the transmission, everything seems to work fine, but a lot of play. Check pins and such for that also, or is that a separate issue?
Yep, you got the shifter on the right fender, or does it come out of the floor?
Right hand side out of the floor. I have a parts manual and I think it is like a service manual (sorry right now books and backhoe are 3 hours away), But that only shows you how to assemble things, Not what the problem is and how to correct it. So I guess my next question would be for a good place to start looking for replacement pins and such? Really appreciate your help Mitch!