Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

580M Muffler

Bootheal · 2022-02-11 22:22

Any way to verify the muffler from an L series would fit an M series. Mine is a 2001 machine This ‘looks’ exactly like what I have but email inquiring came back as probably would not fit! Think tomorrow, I may see if they will dimension the one they have so I can compare. Case at Scott City priced it around $850.00. I just wanted the muffler, my engine seems to be ok! Thoughts? Only reason I’m even looking, checking the air cleaner and it’s sooty. Before I go much further looking, need to see if the muffler metal is good enough to dab some weld on and plug a few holes. If not, I need a plan B and Case parts is not in the running. This is the unit I asked about couple years ago that also has a cracked manifold. Not serious (in my opinion) yet but is going to have to be addressed sometime. Those manifold bolts are looking like they could give a years worth of trouble trying to get removed. Appreciate it if someone can figure out if the two machines have a similar muffler. Mike

Replies5
  1. #1Tinkerer2022-02-11 22:29

    They look very similar. I would think the L model would fit except the pipe diameters may be different. An easy fix if you are a decent welder.

  2. #2Bootheal2022-02-11 23:13

    Tinkerer, I like your price better but what’s your opinion on fitting a 580M?

  3. #3Bootheal2022-02-11 23:15

    I’m not sure how this didn’t send??? I assume the two parts diagrams are one of the L and one of the M. I think it’s worth a try. Thank you. Always good help.

  4. #4Bootheal2022-02-11 23:17

    Tinkerer, did you take your first post with the picture of the muffler down? I don’t see it anymore. What was the company?

  5. #5Tinkerer2022-02-12 09:21

    Hi Bootheal, I did take it down. Sorry. HERE is link to it.