Hi all, As a fundamentally lazy person I loathe getting under my old CASE 580SK backhoe to keep that pivot pin on top of the Carraro axle in lube. Unlike most on a Sunday (who would be fixing their pickup or street car) I decided to get the mod done and put the grease point out where it was easy to get at with some pressure line and nipple adaptors. Parts cost about $40 plus an hour or so to fit. I first thought that they (the nipple adaptors) could mount in the counterweight on the right hand side; Soon found that the cast steel is "harder than the hobs of...." so shifted to the radiator screen seal panel above the counterweight instead. Seems to work ok so far; Only point to my machine is that it must be lifted to allow grease in, maybe the pin is fitted upside down and seals with load on it; Oh and yes I use a lot of the stuff, trying to lube my machine to last a little longer I guess ! Getting to work. Front and rear lines. Rear line. Front line looking up through counterweight. Both in the radiator screen seal panel.
No replies yet.