Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

580sk fuel pump

580bruce ยท 2011-03-02 21:03

How serious is a fuel leak out of the top side of my fuel pump? It ooks to be right under the linkage return spring.

Replies4
  1. #1k.key2011-03-02 21:10

    Should just need orings in the top cover for the shafts, but I have had to replace the shafts and cover before. It's a fairly easy job.

  2. #2alrman2011-03-02 21:35

    The throttle shaft runs in a bushing, so cover will not need to be replaced. The original bushes were bronze & new ones are steel. They can be done on the machine - without removing the pump. The parts will only be available through a diesel specialist - Case don't do them. If you have never done one before or seen one done...... I would pay someone who does know. There's springs & small little pins that can go missing , the bosch pump also needs to have the fuel screw removed. Don't know your capabilities 580bruce........ just that, over the years I've seen a little knowlege about something turn into alot of damage. Most diesel pump rooms will want the pump in their cosy little environment - that will cost you a pump rebuild. Best to find a mechanic who knows about them.

  3. #3k.key2011-03-02 21:48

    Bruce, I agree with Alrman, didn't mean to make it sound simple, and went with the thought it was a Lucas pump.

  4. #4580bruce2011-03-02 23:21

    I know just the guy-works for good food! Thanks guys,O-rings I can do,small parts that go missing I can not! Thanks again guys!