Ok my problem is its a bear to open or close the hood. I am not a small or weak guy, but it takes some serious tugging and pushing to open or close my hood.. I sprayed the struts and pivot points multiple times with different lubricants. Wd-40, white lithium and yesterday trick shot to no avail. Is this common and what's the easiest fix?
It is not common in my experience to have to fight the hood in both directions. If it is difficult to both open and close the hood, I would suggest you check the pivot bolts and pivot plates as they could be too tight or rusted. For comparison, my 580sk hood opens or closes with one hand and little effort. To close it, you just have to pull it a few inches so it goes over center, and then the gas struts gently lower it via gravity to the fully closed position.
Process of elimination . Remove the strusts
When I get a chance I'll pop the struts off and see if it makes a difference. There is no one handing anything with my hood. 2 hands in back and multiple hard jerking motions. Very hard coming up. I don't think the pivote could be too rusty I've sprayed them several times in the past year with pb blaster, wd-40, white lithium and yesterday with trick shot. I think we might be onto something with the struts. I will try it when I can.
Removed the struts and was the same going up and I believe harder going down. Both pivot point bolts are loose and turn freely, but the hood is still extremely hard up and down. So do I need to try and find new pivot points for my hood?