Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

580sl changed injectors, won’t start now

Doug580l ยท 2019-03-05 18:15

I pulled the engine from a 580sl, changed the injectors and reinstalled the engine. Can't get it to start now. I bled it at the connection above the fuel filter like the manual shows. The primer pump doesn't work very good so I used an air hose to pressurize the fuel tank. Got clean fuel to come out. Engine never fired at all, even when using starting fluid. I'm pretty sure that I have everything hooked up properly. Any suggestions on what I should be checking or doing now? Thanks, Doug

Replies4
  1. #1Coy Lancaster2019-03-05 18:48

    Loosen injector lines at injectors and crank engine over until you get good fuel squirting out then tighten lines should start then.

  2. #2Dave Neubert2019-03-05 19:50

    I have had where I put new injectors and the old injection pump would not make enough pressure to pop the injector

  3. #3Doug580l2019-03-05 21:02

    That did the trick! Started right up. Thanks!

  4. #4Coy Lancaster2019-03-05 21:29

    No problem